Registration will open January 15, 2024 and close February 28, 2024
The 2024 EDAMBA Summer Academy is for 15-20 selected doctoral students in the management and business fields. The purpose of the Summer Academy is to contribute to the development of the student's independent intellectual identity through academic discussions and presentations. There are usually between 15 and 20 students and 5 faculty attending the full 5 days.
EDAMBA Summer Academies aim to
- provide a forum for dialogue on research paradigms and methodologies in the field of management and business research
- allow participants to present their own research with a focus on its place in the research landscape in business and management
- give young researchers means to motivate them to continue with their research and find a role and intellectual identity in today's research landscape
- build scholarly networks among young researchers from the various fields of management and business research
The Academy takes place over five days in a wonderful location starting with a welcome on the Sunday evening. From the Monday morning, there will be a programme of of lectures, workshops and presentations. The main focus will be the presentations and discussions of the research projects of the participating doctoral students. Lectures by invited faculty will identify important issues and introduce themes that will be developed in more detail in the workshops. Workshops are more interactive and participants should expect to contribute. There will be two evenings available for meetings and consultations between faculty and participants.
Each participant will present an overview of their project to a panel of invited faculty - they should focus on challenges and problems connected to relevant research methods and/or developments of theory. The aim is to get an overview and understanding of the issues connected to the implicit or explicit philosophy of science involved. Both faculty and students will take part in the discussions.
Taking place in the relaxed environment of the St. George Lycabettus Hotel in Athens, there will be many opportunites for informal conversations and exploring the exciting city of Athens. Watch a short video of 2022 Summer Academy to get a feel for what 2024 EDAMBA Summer Academy will be like.
5 ECTS are assigned for participation in the EDAMBA Summer Academy.
FULL PROGRAMME TO BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY
- Professor Dimitris Assimakopoulos, EDAMBA President
- Professor Pierre Batteau, Aix-Marseille Université, France
- Professor Joe Hair, University of Southern Alabama, Director of the PhD Program in Business Administration, USA
- Professor John P. Ulhøi, School of Busines and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Professor Sara Le Roux, Oxford Brookes University Business School, UK
- Professor Fragkiskos Filippaios, Norwich Business School, University of East Anglia and Deputy Director of South East Network for Social Sciences (SeNSS), UK
- Complete the application form - download and complete your form before submitting online.
- Application requires completed form, letter of recommendation and CV.
- Submit your application online: via the ONLINE EIASM APPLICATION PLATFORM
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2024
- Successful applications will be approved by email by March 15, 2024 and confirmed on payment of the registration fee.
- Successful applicants will submit a copy of their paper by May 31, 2024.
- €850 EURO including VAT for students from EDAMBA Member Institutions
- €1,300 EURO including VAT for students from Non-EDAMBA member Institutions
Fees include participation to the seminar, the seminar documentation, 4 nights accommodation at the 5 star St. George Lycabettus Lifestyle Hotel in central Athens, lunches and 1 group dinner. Hotel accommodation will be provided for 4 nights from Sunday July 21, 2024 to Thursday 25, 2024 (Thursday night not included).
Cancellation policy: Cancellations made before May 30, 2024 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
The EDAMBA Summer Academy is aimed at giving an analysis and some important perspectives on the challenges facing management and business research in the changing world order. It has become evident that this process is very challenging for the economy and society.
The academy will give introductions to some of the essential philosophical issues surrounding management and business research, and to the issues surrounding the field and its research methods locating these in relation to what is seen in the other social sciences and in the intellectual development of thinking more generally about business and society.
Issues in research methodology and the philosophy of social science will be presented and discussed. Business and management research is developing in interesting ways playing a more central role informing business and organisational systems and re-defining value creation. Doctoral education and studies form an essential part in all these developments and doctoral students have an essential role to play in the formation of the research landscape of tomorrow.
EDAMBA Summer Research Academy Organising Committee
- Professor John P. Ulhøi, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Professor José-Antonio Roblès-Florès, ESAN University, Peru
- Professor Dimitris Assimakopoulos, EDAMBA President
- Lucy Mori, EDAMBA Executive Secretary